From November 8th to 10th, Krakow will be the epicenter of the Polish wine industry as it hosts the 20th-anniversary edition of ENOEXPO.
The WTA event is scheduled for November 9th, from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM in the Praga Room.
The WTA Team is delighted to extend an invitation to this significant gathering for wine professionals!
The WTA tasting is arranged in solidarity with Ukraine and the Ukrainian WTA nominees, which is a natural step given the close proximity of Poland and Ukraine, two neighboring countries that can benefit from stronger information ties.
To attend the WTA event, please, fill the registration form.
To visit ENOEXPO, please get your ticket free after registration, click to register.
It will be a pleasure to have you as our guest!
The first part of the event will be devoted to the Polish Wine Market: we are honored to welcome Tomasz Prange-Barczyński – an esteemed wine critic, editor, and writer who serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Ferment. Pismo o winie and is a distinguished judge in renowned international wine competitions. He will give a report on “The Present & Future of the Polish wine market. Best Enotouristic locations in Poland”.
The second part is going to be the Walk-Around Tasting of wines and authentic craft drinks from the WTA community members.
Shabo Family Winery – the WTA winner in the Brand – the visiting card of the country. The family business of the Iukuridze family — SHABO, is based on wine traditions that are almost 2,000 years old. The company was established in 2003 on the basis of the oldest Ukrainian wine production in the village of Shabo. Its structure includes “SHABO Wine House”, “SHABO Sparkling Wine House” and “SHABO Brandy House”.
SHABO has a unique terroir with 1,200 hectares of vineyards, most of which are European varieties from the best nurseries in Europe: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Muscat Ottonel, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Riesling Rhine, Sauvignon Blanc, Traminer Pink, Chardonnay and others. The real landmark of SHABO is the autochthonous grape variety Telti-Kuruk. While creating wine masterpieces, the company has been collaborating with world-renowned expert Stéphane Derenoncourt from France for many years.
SHABO Team is convinced that Ukrainians have the right to be proud of their country’s wine. The company’s goal is to ensure this right.
At the Walk-Around Tasting Shabo Family Winery will be represented by:
- Sparkling brut “Shabo Classic” ТМ “GRAND RESERVE”.
- Still dry white “Chardonnay Grande Reserve Shabo” TM Iukuridze Family Exclusive Release.
- Still dry red “Saperavi-Merlot Shabo kakhetian technology” TM Limited Edition.
- Still dry red “Cabernet Grande Reserve Shabo” TM Iukuridze Family Exclusive Release.
Fayna Guralnya by Viktor Babiy – in 2014, Viktor started conducting experiments and, having invented perfect formulas for his distillates, in 2019 he set up a small family distillery. The craftsman uses only Morshyn spring water to produce high-quality alcohol. The pure and healing water of Morshyn has been famous for its properties for almost two centuries. In 1879, a source of low-mineralised water or the Mother of God spring (now source N4) was officially approved. The health resort of Morshyn also has a hundred years of fame. Another integral factor in quality success is the use of Alembic Pot Still technology. He has achieved unexpectedly good results thanks to the combination of quality materials and technology and dedication to his favourite work!
At the Walk-Around Tasting Fayna Guralnya by Viktor Babiy will be represented by:
- London Dry Gin. Technology: Maceration on the herbs after 2d distillation: juniper macerated separately from all other bouquets of herbs. The filtrated blend of herbs goes to the third distillation.
- London Lottos Blue Gin. Technology: Maceration on the herbs after 2d distillation: The filtrated blend of herbs goes to the third distillation. The anchan tea is added at the very end to gain the blue colour and the light hint of its floral notes.
- Carpathian Gin. Technology: Maceration on the herbs after 2d distillation: The filtrated blend of herbs goes to the third distillation. Dilution with Morshyn water to 40 degrees, freezing and after cold filtration. Short rest of the finished gin.
- London Pink Gin. Technology: Blend of classical gin with macerated fresh seasonal strawberries.
BIOLOGIST Craft Winery – More than 25 years in the alcoholic beverages business, more than 15 years of winemaking experience, love and passion for wine, travel to old classic and organic family wineries in Europe and America – all this contributed to Igor Petrenko’s idea of establishing his own winery near Kyiv.
At the Walk-Around Tasting BIOLOGIST Craft Winery will be represented by:
- Aligote 2020 (4 months in new barrels).
- Chardonnay Crisp 2021.
- Intrigue 2020 (Red dry wine. Pinot Noir, Cabernet, Merlot. 15 months in barrels).
- Natural Red Wine 2021 (Odessa Black, Merlot, Cabernet.
- Odessa Black Red Wine Alibernet 2021 (12 months in new barrels).
- Pinot Blanc Silvaner Crisp 2021.
- Rose Blend Pinot Noir/Traminer 2021.
Le Grand Noir – it all began in 2005. Three long-time lovers of French cuisine and lifestyle and especially wine – one of them our respectful WTA Judge Robert Joseph, dreamed of creating something different. Together with a group of young vignerons in ancient Languedoc region they are making wines, that are fascinating but approachable. Every bottle of Le Grand Noir comes exclusively from the land, tended by vignerons for over 2,000 years. The Minervois region where the le Grand Noir grapes are grown has barely changed since the Romans grew vines and made wine here. They enjoyed the same scents of olive, honeysuckle, rosemary, thyme and juniper that scent the air today.
At the Walk-Around Tasting Le Grand Noir will be represented by:
- Le Grand Noir Grenach, Shiraz, Mourvedre.
- Le Grand Noir Pinot Noir.
- Le Grand Noir Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah.
- Le Grand Noir Muscat.
- Le Grand Noir Viognier.
- Le Grand Noir Chardonnay.
- Le Grand Noir Rose.
Castel Mimi was founded in 1893, renovated and opened to visitors on 17th September 2016. It is included in the Wine Road of Moldova, which is the first cultural-tourist route certified by the Council of Europe as part of ITER VITIS Les Chemins de La Vigne en Europe.
The winery features today one of the most advanced production facilities in Moldova, equipped with modern machineries that cover: grape processing, juice fermentation, storage, maturation and bottling. All these stages are carefully monitored and coordinated by professional Moldovan oenologists that gained experience in the USA, Australia and Romania.
At the Walk-Around Tasting Castel Mimi will be represented by:
- Castel MIMI Sanzienele
- Сastel MIMI Rara Neagra rosé 2021
- Castel MIMI Rara Neagra 2020