SHUMI Winery from Kakheti, one of Georgia’s best wineries and most important wine tourism destinations, and besides that – a WTA 2023 winner in several categories, boasts just another major victory. SHUMI wines have won seven gold medals from one of the most important and prestigious international wine competitions – the 33th MUNDUS VINI Meinenger 2023 Grand international wine award held in Neustadt, Germany!
Here’s the list of the gold-winning wines:
- SHUMI Napareuli 2021 (dry red, grape variety: Saperavi)
- SHUMI Saperavi Cabernet 2022 (dry red, grape variety: Saperavi)
- SHUMI Kvareli Iberiuli 2020 (dry red, premium collection, grape variety: Saperavi)
- SHUMI Saperavi Qvevri Iberiuli 2021 (dry red, aged in qvevri, grape variety: Saperavi)
- SHUMI Mukuzani Iberiuli 2016 (dry red, premium collection, grape variety: Saperavi)
- SHUMI Mukuzani 2021 (dry red, made from selected Saperavi grapes)
- SHUMI Saperavi Iberiuli 2021 (dry red, premium collection, grape variety: Saperavi).
Last but not least – the honorable judges of the Mundus Vini 2023 summer tasting have chosen SHUMI Winery as the Best Producer in Georgia! The WTA team is glad to congratulate SHUMI Winery with this fantastic performance, and we are absolutely sure that in the near future there will be hundreds of medals and prestigious awards won by SHUMI wines and the wonderful team that produces and promotes them all over the world.
Meanwhile, if you plan to visit the sunny land of Georgia, here’s the destination not to be missed: Shumi Winery, Tsinandali, Kakheti, Georgia – a fantastic tourist complex located in the village of Tsinandali. The territory of the winery is bordered by the National Park and the Chachavadze Museum. Shumi vineyards are located in unique winegrowing microzones of Georgia, and Shumi’s ampelographic collection is the largest private collection in the world! The complex offers multiple attractions for wine lovers, such as the first wine museum in Georgia, the first private collection vineyard in Georgia, oenographic pavilion, sculpture park, which is decorated with works of famous Georgian and foreign masters, and much more. You are welcome to visit the winery and taste their amazing reds, whites and sparklings right there on the spot – or visit Shumi Wine Bar located in a sophisticated enogastronomic area of Tbilisi, extremely popular with tourists and natives (Address: Shardeni 9a).