Cricova Winery: a unique place with excellent wines
Cricova is a unique underground complex that is renowned throughout the world for both its huge labyrinths and its excellent wines.
More than 10,000 bottles from Cricova Winery are sold annually in over 30 countries worldwide. Its wines are highly appreciated in the world what over 500 medals won at international competitions prove over the years. “Cricova” Winery is the first and the biggest producer of sparkling wines according to “Methode Traditionelle” from the Republic of Moldova, here you can try the most awarded sparkling wine.
Every year, the winery organizes CRICOVA MUST FEST. This is a unique event in the heart of Moldova, where the history of Moldovan land is harmoniously combined with the wine traditions. In September, they celebrate together the glory season of the vine in Moldova. This event is a tribute to the young wine, a celebration of the vine, wine and people who work hard to produce high quality wines. People from Moldova and neighbouring countries are invited to celebrate together the whole wine industry. The celebration starts with a tasting of the young wine that is called – must (juice from wine grapes freshly squeezed) and Moldovan traditional food. Of course, there cannot be a celebration without some good music. Cricova Winery invites talented bands or artist from Moldova that are famous not just in their country but all over the world.
Usually in the festival program:
- Excursions through the famous underground galleries
- Wine school with wine tastings, moderated by the most famous Cricova sommelier
- Creative workshops, games and thematic competitions
- Walk on the underground pedestrian street with live music, art performances, a cinema and an art gallery
- Traditional dishes
- Fair of wines, souvenirs and handicrafts from the best folk craftsmen from Moldova
- Good Moldovan music performed by famous Moldavian bands.