Vinaria Purcari #32
Turning the pages of history
Chateau Purcari – a combination of wine, tradition and hospitality. Located 120 km from Chisinau and only 30 km from the Black Sea, Chateau Purcari is the first wine castle in the Republic of Moldova. Built in 2003 in the style of French castles, it includes the historic cellars of Purcari, dating from 1827. The uniqueness of the cellars is not marked only by their antiquity – they hold the title of the oldest wineries in the Republic of Moldova, but also by the national importance of their heritage – the legendary collection of Purcari Vintage wines from 1948.
At Chateau Purcari, great wines naturally meet with great gastronomic experiences. The à la carte dishes, accompanied by the infallible Purcari wines, will be appreciated even by the most gourmet guests. Lovers of European cuisine will appreciate the house specialties – Black Flank Steak and Foie Gras, and those who prefer traditional cuisine can enjoy Moldovan culinary masterpieces – cottage cheese pies, zeama (chicken soup), polenta with fried pork and sarmale – rice-stuffed cabbage rolls. At Chateau Purcari you discover that wine is, indeed, a poem with flavor and taste.
Vinaria Purcari is a member of National Inbound Tourism Association of Moldova (ANTRIM) and Employer’s Association of the Tourism Industry of the Republic of Moldova. It is included in the cultural tourist route “Voivode Stephen the Great and Saint”.
Great variety of facilities for wine tourism
In addition to culinary experiences, visits to the Chateau represent opportunities to participate in wine tours of the winery, to taste the legendary wines of Purcari and to enjoy a moment of relaxation on the terrace of the Chateau. Lovers of active rest can choose to go for walks, by car or bicycle, through the vineyards, they can admire the landscapes and the aquatic world of the 2 lakes within the complex by taking a hydro-bike ride, but it is also possible to practice some sports. such as tennis or volleyball. Fishing enthusiasts are given the opportunity to try their fishing skills and luck, and the “trophies” can be cooked, if you prefer, right at the restaurant of the winery.
Chateau Purcari welcomes
Guests who choose to spend the night at Chateau Purcari are provided with hotel rooms, designed in a chalet style. More daring visitors, who are not afraid of leaving their bubble and trying new experiences, can choose to sleep in a wine barrel, from whose window opens a formidable panorama over the vineyards.
Chateau Purcari also stands out for the multitude of events it hosts from holidays dedicated to wine, for example National Wine Day, to charity or sporting events such as ArtVin Purcari or Purcari Wine Run.
Chateau Purcari includes the following facilities
- 3 restaurant halls – with a capacity of 10, 50 and 80 people. The Château Purcari restaurant was designed as an oasis of intimacy and comfort, beyond urban agitation. The à la carte specialties range from European to Moldovan traditional cuisine.
- a hotel – it includes 10 luxury rooms, 2 Exotic houses and 1 Sky house. All rooms are decorated in chalet style. At Chateau Purcari, one can also gain the unique experience of sleeping in a wine barrel shaped room, with a view of the enormous vineyards of Purcari.
- a terrace – with a capacity of 120 people. At the terrace, there is a well-organized playground for the little ones.
- 3 cellars where the wine is stored and matured. One of them remained unchanged since 1827, keeping the wealth of the country – the famous collection of ancient Purcari wines.
The Chateau Purcari’s wine range
Purcari Winery produces still and sparkling wines under the Chateau Purcari brand. The wine assortment comprises 6 collections:
- 1827 – Rară Neagră, Cabernet-Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Malbec, Fetească Neagră, Rosé, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Viorica, Traminer, Pinot Grigio;
- Limited Edition – Vinohora, Maluri de Prut, Freedom Blend, Ice wine;
- Vintage – Negru de Purcari, Roșu de Purcari, Alb de Purcari;
- Sapiens – Rară Neagră, Cabernet-Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Fetească Neagră, Rosé, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Traminer;
- Nocturne – Rară Neagră, Cabernet-Sauvignon, Rosé, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio;
- Sparkling Wines – Cuvée Brut White, Cuvée Extra Brut White, Cuvée Brut Rosé, Cuvée Feteasca Alba, Grande Cuvée.
Our wines are produced from exclusively local grown grapes, the total area of the vineyards being equal to 500 hectares. The vineyards are located in the Stefan Voda Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) area, in southeast Moldova, which guarantees the high quality of Purcari wines. The unique characteristics of the geographical position, climate and soil are the secret of our wines, which seduce through colour, flavour and taste.
The menu is created from most of the finest, fresh and sophisticated ingredients, which is the guarantee of a high gastronomic and aesthetic quality. The amateurs of European cuisine will appreciate the specialties of the chef – Victor Onoicu: Avocado with crab meat, mascarpone and Tobiko caviar, Foie Gras with pear sauce, Duck breast meat with pumpkin cream and grape seeds, Steamed Sea bass with couscous, pomegranate and marinated fennel and those who prefer Moldovan cuisine will be able to enjoy the traditional masterpieces – plăcinte, the famous Moldavan zeamă or sarmale in Chardonnay leaves.
We have absolutely loved that place. We stayed for days. Wine tasting with a tour is super cool (special thanks to our tour guide Alex), food in the restaurant is super delicious, the personnel is super sweet and helpful. Highly recommended specifically for a romantic escape…
First of all, I would like to thank the entire team that makes the hotel experience so much beautiful! It was a great pleasure to meet everyone! We enjoyed our night in the hotel. Our fascinating dinner. The best view from the Chalet. We left more than extremely satisfied!
It’s an amazing place to stay. A great vineyard, a nice atmosphere. An interesting room design, clean with eco-friendly details. Also, a great sommelier and an interesting excursion. Highly recommended!