The wine tourism as a tool for local development
The Wine Tourism School of Catalonia is working to contribute to the development of the wine tourism sector in Catalonia. The school offers different training systems, continuous education, and initial professional training.
Since 2016, almost 5,000 students have studied at the Wine Tourism School of Catalonia. These are mainly residents of Catalonia, but every year students come to the School from the rest of Spain, as well as from other countries (ranging in age from 18 to 50). These can be people who already work in the wine industry, as well as those who are just beginning to be interested in the wine sphere. This internationalization has led to the creation of the 100% English speaking line for the Higher Technician’s Degree.
100% employment after training
The Wine Tourism School of Catalonia is an initiative of the City Council of Vilafranca del Penedès and the Catalan wine tourism business sector to create an industry-integrated vocational training center offering initial, vocational and continuous education in wine tourism. The school offers Higher Technician’s Degree in Tourism, specialized in Wine Tourism, the only one within the Bologna Plan in the EU. 2,000 hours, including 1,000 hours of paid internships in companies, where students learn by working on a paid basis. The students’ job placement rate is 100%.
Catalonia is the ideal wine tourism map
Catalonia has 12 Designations of Origin, with a history linked to the wine world that goes back to more than 2,700 years. These enotouristic areas are scattered among landscapes that just to be there makes us enjoy, where we can experience the passage of history from history through the heritage, architectural and cultural legacy of its towns and cities. Gastronomy is another of Catalonia’s values at an international level, both in terms of products and cuisine, and together with the wineries make up part of the map of wine tourism, and if we add the leisure and tourism service companies, through the one it can make available to those interested, with their own proposals and experiences, we get the perfect wine tourism map.
The advantages of Wine Tourism School of Catalonia:
- Higher Technician’s Degree in Wine Tourism, within the Bologna Plan in the EU. 2,000 hours, including 1,000 hours of paid internships. Job placement rate is 100%.
- Professionals teachers, areas of expertise: Product Creation, International Markets, Wine Tourism Marketing, Sommelier, Group Guiding, Touristic and Wine Tourism Sales and Service, Professional Communication, Social Media related to the sector, and Wine English.
- Training plans for individuals already working in the sector.
- Students` age is from 18 to 50.
- 100% English speaking line for the Higher Technician’s Degree.
- A professional guidance service for workers and students.
- A specialized Job Placement service for students and alumni.
- Highly specialized facilities, tasting rooms etc.
- The school is located just near the Barcelona train and bus stations. It is surrounded by over 300 wineries. It will take you 30 minutes to drive to Barcelona.