Musée du Vin et du Négoce de Bordeaux #107
Musée du Vin et du Négoce de Bordeaux History
The Bordeaux Historia Vini association was created in November 2007 to enhance the heritage and the very special part of the Chartrons district by working on a project for a museum dedicated to wine and its trade. Combining tradition and the future, the museum aims to be a meeting place of conviviality around current wine affairs thanks to its strong links with the Bordeaux wine producers. The collection of documents, rare bottles, films and winemaking equipment brings several centuries of history to life.
«Passionate about my city and its wines, I wanted to tell the story of a trade that has shaped Bordeaux for centuries, and to combine a legendary place with a moment of relaxation and cultural enrichment» — Grégory Pecastaing, Chairman and Founder of the Musée.
Musée du Vin et du Négoce de Bordeaux Location
Les Chartrons, the district of the Port de la Lune, is now home to the Musée. In the building belonging to Louis XV’s royal broker, discover three centuries of the history and renown of Bordeaux’s great wines. The vaulted cellars and cooperage retrace the daily life of 19th-century wine merchants. The museum store occupies the former cooperage, and the permanent collection now replaces the barrels in the semi-subterranean cellars.
Visiting the Musée du Vin et du Négoce de Bordeaux
You can visit the Musée du Vin et du Négoce at your own pace, accompanied by a tour booklet to discover the permanent collection and the world of Bordeaux wines. This visit includes a free tasting of two wines.
- Special visit: After your visit, make the pleasure last with the tasting and discover 3 wines chosen by our team.
- Guided tour: Let one of our guides leed you through the cellars and reveal the secrets of the Bordeaux vineyard and its history.
- Initiation workshop: A fun workshop to learn the basics of wine tasting. Colours, aromas, textures: practice recognising and deciphering the characteristics of a wine. With a selection of Bordeaux wines and a presentation of the vineyard.
- Oenology workshop: Appellations, classifications, grape varieties, soils, stages of tasting: for those who want to know everything about Bordeaux and the art of decoding a wine. A workshop led by our professionals with wines of our selection.
- Bordeaux chocolate and wine pairing workshop: Aromas, textures, softness: wine and chocolate unit to reveal the appellations of Bordeaux and their personality. With the wines from our shop and the chocolate creations of Hasnaâ Chocolats Grands Crus and Maison Verdier.